How do create a global style set?
In difference with the past, Mellel doesn't use a global style set (a style set available to all documents) for the default document and therefore changes you make in the document are specific only to the document you're working with.
If you want to use a global set you need to make it global explicitly. You may also wish to have Mellel use this global set with new documents by saving a document using this style set as the default template or as a template.
To make a style set global do this:
- Open the document containing the style set (or a new document, if you wish to base your style set on the default set).
- Choose Style ->Edit Style sets....
- Select the style set in the list, if it is not already selected.
- Click the Globalise (globe) button below the style set list.
Now you will always be able to see the set you've just globalised in the style sets list (under the Styles menu) and changes you make to styles in this set will affect other documents using that set.
If you wish new documents to use that set do the following:
- Create a new document.
- Apply the desired style set to that document.
- (Optionally) Make other changes to suit your needs (you can, for example, set the default zoom level, view mode, show hidden etc.).
- Choose File -> Save As Template....
- Name your template and check the Make default checkbox.
- Click Save to save your template.
That's it. From now on, new documents will use this template as their starting point.