How can I create an outline in Mellel, so that it automatically numbers the outline…I.e. I. A. B. 1. 2.
First, a short explanation: Mellel offers you the ability to create lists of items, and also create a real outline of headings and sub-headings.
To create a list in Mellel do this:
- Open a new document and click the Insert/Create list button in the List palette (or press Cmd+]).
- Use Return and Cmd+] or Cmd+[ to increase or decrease the list level.
Creating a 'real' outline in Mellel is fairly simple too:
- Open a new document and then open the Auto-title palette.
- From the Setup Menu choose the setup Default (if it is not already selected).
- Double click the Outline level you wish to have (you have up to 10 Auto-title levels.
You can use the Cmd+Arrow Left/Right in the Outline pane to promote and demote items. You can always change the level of an item and even change the setup (which will change all the auto-title levels at once).