Release Notes for Mellel 3.5.4 (June 13, 2017)
- Various minor bug fixes.
Release Notes for Mellel 3.5.3 (May 17, 2017)
- Fixed an issue that caused the text to scroll to the top of the document when invoking "Replace Styles"
- Fixed an issue that caused Mellel to sometime enter a state where it would fail to show palettes in full screen when invoking "toggle palettes" or when choosing individual palettes in the windows menu
- Fixed an issue that caused Mellel to produce un-openable files when making changes to paragraph or list attributes in headers/footers while track changes is active
- Collecting stats in text boxes. Including floating images in image count
- Fixed explanation and link for "go to web store" button in "Buy Mellel"
- changed copyright year to 2017 in info and about panel
- Fixed an issue that caused arrow keys to move the cursor to move around the table when editing an inline inside a table (for example, an annotation or citation).
- Fixed an issue that caused bad ordering of Hebrew non spacing marks (Vowels, Cantillation marks etc) when pasting Hebrew as plain text.
- Fixed some truncated text in various localisation
- Fixed typos and layout issues in the UI and localisation: Paste Paste List attributes Source Encoding -> Encoding for rtf import options panel; Line numbers->Line Numbering in line numbering panel; Capitalisation in advanced sort dialog; truncated "Space above line" field; Consistent Order of whole words/ignore case in simple/full find; Fixed many truncations of find option checkboxes in localisations; "Image" capitalisation in Page palette. Add tab stop dialog "Decimal tab align in->on"
- Fixed positioning of reset list button in list style palette
- Fixed an issue that caused Mellel to sometimes fail to save to disk text that was recently typed
Release Notes for Mellel 3.5.2 (November 7, 2016)
- Fixed an issue that enabled pasting text with track changes into comments, leading to documents that couldn't be re-opened once saved
- Fixed an issue that caused Mellel to crash when inserting hyperlinks after deleting a floating image
- Fixed some misc crashes on Mac & iOS
- Fixed an issue that caused Mellel to sometimes crash when manipulating tables inside footnotes and endnotes.
- Fixed a problem that caused Mellel to crash after redoing/undoing table manipulations in the document main text
- Fixed an issue that caused the cursor not to blink when positioned inside an empty auto title title in an RTL paragraph
- Fixed an issue that caused unexpected selections to be made when dragging the mouse to the top or bottom margin while making a text selection with multiple column documents.
- Fixed some erratic behaviour when clicking inside the auto title format editors
- Fixed an issue that caused incorrect replacements with Typinator
Release Notes for Mellel 3.5.1 (July 29, 2016)
- Using bundle id to identify bibliography (reference) manager
- Fixed a bug that caused Mellel to crash when modifying or extending a table selection using the arrow keys
- Fixed a bug that caused selecting a line weight of less then 1 to always become zero on systems where the decimal separator is a comma
- Fixed a bug that caused Mellel to crash after dismissing a text box or an image attributes pop-over with 10.9
- Fixed a bug that caused Mellel to crash when opening the a text box or an image attributes pop-over under 10.8
- Fixed an issue that caused Mellel to keep displaying the delete and edit buttons of an image/text box at the bottom of the first page after deleting the image/text box
- Fixed several issues that prevented using bullet lists in comments
- Fixed an issue that caused text in a text box to look a slightly fuzzy with some printers
- Several fixes with localisations
Release Notes for Mellel 3.5 (July 06, 2016)
New Features and Enhancements:
- (iOS, Mac) Text Boxes
- Styled text
- Multiple Paragraphs
- Overflow indicator
- WYSIWYG editing
- Inline & floating
- Fit width, Fit height
- Toolbar button
- (iOS) Export to PDF on iOS
- (Mac) overlay buttons when editing a graphic object
- (Mac) editing image and text box using popover, removed model dialog box and "Object" palette
- (Mac) RTF export of fill and line options of images and text boxes
- (Mac) RTF import of image frame, width, color
- (iOS, Mac) Tracking guides when dragging and resizing a floating image or text box.
- (Mac) Using combo-box for line width in all places where setting such an attribute applies (image, text box, note sheet, note style, section palette & style editor, line numbering editor, table palette) allowing to have custom line widths.
- (iOS, Mac) Dashed line for images and text boxes
- (iOS, Mac) Corner radius for image and text box frames
- (Mac) Allowing drag & Drop in mellel-text fields (Auto-title edit dialog, Citation edit dialog, page style header/footer edit dialog etc.)
- (Mac, iOS) Campaign manager
- (Mac) Revised and update template suite
- (iOS, Mac) Fixed an issue that caused floating elements to get duplicated to multiple page ranges when inseting a page style break under certain conditions.
- (Mac) Fixed an issue that caused strange behaviour when turning off track changes while a floating object is selected among some other things. Correct adjustment of editor selection when turning off track changes while editing some inlines (citations, text boxes, hyperlinks)
- (Mac) Fixed an issue that caused buttons with PNG images to look like a grey rectangle when disabled in El-Capitan
- (Mac) Fixed an issue that caused odd behaviour when switching between editing find expressions containing character ranges, character sets and special characters (tab, return etc)
- (Mac, iOS) Fixed an issue that caused Mellel to fail to exit track-changes mode sometimes with documents containing inline elements (autotitles/citations) which have insertions/deletions applied on the end of the inline text
- (Mac, iOS) Fixed an issue that caused hangs an other odd behaviour after undoing turning off track changes under certain circumstances.
- (Mac) Fixed an issue that caused the blinking insertion point to become invisible when placed inside a text box with a "none" fill background.
- (Mac) Fixed an issue that caused document display to jump and for the insertion point to be placed in the wrong place sometimes when clicking in a text area while a floating element, table and other non-main text, elements are selected.
- (iOS) Better adjustment of undo/redo buttons after undoing/redoing.
- (iOS) More smooth behaviour when undoing and redoing contiguous insertions and deletions in the text.