Release Notes for Mellel 3.4.2
Bug Fixes, Mellel for Mac (Mac OS)
- Fixed a bug in 3.4.1 that caused Mellel to save files without their Style set, causing all sorts of issues, including crashes when inserting footnotes/endnotes.
- Fixed an issue that caused Mellel to fail to open .mell files of certain vintages and to convert such files into an un-openable .mellel files. Also made changes so that such un-openable files produced by this bug will be opened and corrected.
Release Notes for Mellel 3.4.1
Bug Fixes, Mellel for iPad (iOS)
- Fixed a bug that caused the keyboard correction hi-lighting to sometimes appear misaligned with the text.
- Updated Help, mainly with better document sharing and synching instructions.
- Fixed a few of bugs that caused Mellel to crash under certain circumstances.
- Fixed a bug that caused Mellel to crash when selecting multiple table cells.
Bug Fixes, Mellel for Mac (Mac OS)
- Fixed a bug that caused Mellel to fail to launch in 64 bit mode on Mac OS 10.6.x.
- Fixed a bug that caused Hyphenation not work.
- Fixed an issue that caused Arrow keys movements to behave incorrectly sometimes when editing annotations.
- Fixed an issue that caused Mellel to fail to open certain older .mell files.
- Fixed an issue that caused Mellel to crash while creating a scanning for a Bibliography.
- Restored ability to drag and drop Find-Sets from the Find-Set dialogue to the Finder.
- Fixed problems with German, Spanish and Hebrew localisation, updated English and German help files.
- Fixed a bug that caused Check Spelling via the Spelling panel not to function.
- Fixed some truncated labels in the Note streams dropping sheet.
- Fixed an issue that caused Mellel to crash with some font configurations.
- Fixed an issue that caused Mellel to crash after inserting a mention while editing a Page style.
- Fixed an issue that caused Mellel to crash when typing using an input method inside a comment.
- Fixed a bug that caused Mellel to crash after editing an inline (Auto-title, Citation, Hyperlink) in its dialogue, when track-changes was on.
- Fixed a bug that caused Mellel to sometimes crash when typing using an input method (Japanese, Chinese, etc.)
- Fixed a bug that caused Mellel to open certain older files slightly incorrectly and then produce an un-openable file after saving.
- Added an ability to open and fix files that were corrupted by the previous bug.
- Fixed a bug that caused Mellel to render the st ligature in normal text with some fonts.
- Fixed an issue that caused bad fit with document view size, when opening the first document after launching, and causing jerky document view scaling when resizing the document window.
Release Notes for Mellel 3.4.0
- Added option to export outline to PDF
- Added option to export annotations to PDF
- Language handling improvments
- "None" language defines spelling dictionary as "automatic by language"
- Blocking option to set spelling dictionary and other settings to the "none" language
- Default languge is "none", keyboard synchronisation is off by default
- Ignoring language info when pasting rtf and html, using the language currently used in the document text
- Added preferences option to allow ignoring language settings in imported rtf documents
- Mellel is now 64/32 bit universal binary, including quick look and spotlight plug-ins
- Improved interaction for resizing images using an eight handle system.
- Improved handling and detection of clicks outside pages for better selection behaviour
- Revised and improved "Scroll to show" (Scrolling done when searching and navigating in the document)
- Revised and improved the way pages are positioned on the document view
- Removed references to Lucida Grande in UI, replaced with Helvetica Neue
- Adjusted design of document and find set windows to suite Yosemite
- Improved font substitution (for characters not supported by selected font), considers boldness of font etc.
- Improved missing font substitution, Mellel will try to match the face (bold, italic etc) of the substitute font with the face of the original font
- Renamed "Copy/Paste Special" menu items to include the word "Copy" or "Paste" for better clarity and to allow assigning keyboard shortcuts to them
- Uniform (regardless of page scaling) 1 point wide caret
- Improved rendering of letters+combining marks (accents) for non-Opentype fonts
- Improved Find Set interaction
- Enabled stopping (with no consequences) a find set while applying it
- Smooth progress animation while applying a find set
- Improved performance
- When deleting a comment while editing, selection is moved to the text location that the comment is marking instead of just stopping the editor
- Fixed an issue where typing a number with a thousands separator in the page number field of "go to page" dialog would cause the program to go to page 1
- Fixed a bug that caused Mellel to fail to match attributes when making searches involving color attributes.
- Re-Enabled editing marker names in document setup sheet
- Fixed a bug that caused selection to stop responding when dismissing a comment while editing it.
- Fixed issues with navigating and finding content inside comments that are applied to the beginning of the text
- Fixed an issue that caused the page style indicator not to be updated after applying a page style
- Correctly adjusting cursor when moving over the ruler
- Fixed an issue that caused Mellel to produce faulty OPML when choosing the "export content as notes"
- Fixed an issue where default printer selection would not apply on new documents.
- Added language to the attribute description in replace styles.
- Fixed a bug that caused Mellel to take extremely long time to zoom in when pressing command + on certain documents.
- Fixed an issue that caused Mellel to hang and show the spinning cursor when going over the "Comment" submenu in the edit menu with certain documents.
- Fixed a bug that caused single and double quotes to be inserted twice when using typographer quotes in conjunction with keyboard layoutes that produce single and double quotes using a "dead key" (for example U.S. International - PC)