Inserting Citations Using a Reference Manager
To enter a citation from a reference manager:
- Launch your reference manager.
- Switch to Mellel.
- Place the insertion point where you want to insert the reference.
- Perform one of the following to switch to the reference manager:
Click the Switch to reference database button () in the Bibliography palette.
Choose Edit > Bibliography > Switch to Reference Data Base from the menu bar.
Press Cmd + Y.
- Manually switch to the reference manager.
- Perform one of the following to insert a citation:
Select the citation you wish to insert and click Cite (in Sente) or Copy Selected Citations (in Bookends).
Select the citation you wish to insert and drag it into your Mellel document.
Copy the citation you wish to insert, switch to your Mellel document and paste it.
The citation will appear in Mellel in its temporary format, as shown in the following figure:
- Try it: