Stuff You Can Use
Well, download stuff you can use. Some stuff here probably needs updating. Sorry about that
What you can download here
- Download Mellel: The latest version of Mellel.
- Templates: Some templates for use with Mellel.
- Mellel Guide: A version of our guide in mellel format and as PDF.
- Keyboard Layouts: Some useful keyboard layouts.
- Hyphenation: Our hypenation creation application and hyphenation dictionaries.
- Fonts: A selection of useful fonts.
Download the latest version of Mellel
The following templates are offered here by Mellel LTD as a courtesy service. If you have templates you wish to share with other users of Mellel, please send them to us and we'll upload them to the site and refer to them in this section. Installing templates: Simply open any template, and then choose File > Save As Template... You'll be able to set the template's name, where it will be saved (Category/folder), the thumbnail, and add a description to the template.
A template suitable for the American Psychological Association 6th edition Publication Manual, courtesy of Adam Bowker, Penn State University. (April 2010)
Business plan template for a sole trader
or individual selling professional services. This has everything in it. Just fill in the blanks. By Chris Reed.
Social Sciences Political Sciences template
Template created by Dr. Joachim K. Rennstich that includes ready-made outlining and styles. Greared towards starndard paper appearance.
Students of law schools (swiss) german scientific report
The template is in German, but can be used by all, of course. By Stefan Stumpf (December 2008).
Mellel's guide comes with every copy of Mellel you download. You can open it via Help > Mellel Guide from within Mellel. To learn a little big more about how the guide was created in Mellel, you might find it useful to download this copy of Mellel in Mellel format.
Mellel Guide in Mellel format
Mellel Guide in Mellel format (zipped), updated to version 4.1 (March 2018)
Mellel Guide in PDF format
Mellel Guide in PDF format (zipped), updated to version 4.1 (March 2018). This is actually the same thing you'll get via Help > Mellel.
The following keyboard layouts can be downloaded directly from this site. The keyboard layouts are a contribution by Mellel users. Note: Mellel LTD tested and found these layouts to be working correctly. However, Mellel LTD cannot guarantee that they will satisfy your needs, and we will not provide support for them. If you need support using any of these keyboard layouts, please contact its distributor. The keyboard layouts are ordered alphabetically, by language.
Czech keyboard layout
ntended for foreigners learning Czech. Courtesy of Sorin Paliga, PhD, Slavic Department, University of Bucharest, September 8, 2009.
Courtesy of Sorin Paliga, PhD, Slavic Department, University of Bucharest, September 8, 2009.
Glagolitic and Staroslavjanski keyboard layout
Updated to the latest Unicode standard. Courtesy of Sorin Paliga, PhD, Slavic Department, University of Bucharest, September 8, 2009).
Romanian Keyboard layouts
including qwertz, azerty, programmers, legathy, PC and more, courtesy of Sorin Paliga, PhD, Slavic Department, University of Bucharest, September 8, 2009.
US Academic keyboard
courtesy of Sorin Paliga, PhD, Slavic Department, University of Bucharest, September 8, 2009.
- Mellel Hyphenation Lab (MHL): An application that will enable you to create and open Mellel’s hyphenation files, edit then, test them, and of course save them (updated to version 1.1, December 26, 2014)
- Mellel’s Hyphenation dictionaries: Use the uncompiled files (i.e., the dictionaries) with Mellel’s Hyphenation Lab. The compiled files are for reference (or re-installing, if you’ve lost or damaged the originals. (updated July 2017)
- XW Zar fonts is a collection of Opentype Arabic fonts covering Arabic, Persian, Urdu, Dari, Pashto, Uzbek, Kurdish, old (Ottoman) and new Turkish (Roman) languages with ‘Open Type’ and ‘Apple Advanced Typography’ technology support. (Courtesy of Behnam)
- A useful PDF detailing Masterfont’s Hebrew fonts supporting OpenType (and thus pointing marks and trope marks).
- CTAN.org fonts, many more and a third part of fonts converted to Mac format, courtesy of Robert F. Scheyder. Look up the license here. A great collection of OpenType fonts and others (updated August 31, 2007)