Stuff You Can Use
- Download Mellel: The latest version of Mellel.
- Templates: Some templates for use with Mellel.
- Mellel Guide: A version of our guide in mellel format and as PDF.
- Keyboard Layouts: Some useful keyboard layouts.
- Hyphenation: Our hypenation creation application and hyphenation dictionaries.
- Fonts: A selection of useful fonts.
KEYBOARD LAYOUTS HOSTED AT Mellel SITE
The following keyboard layouts can be downloaded directly from this site. The keyboard layouts are a contribution by Mellel users.
Note: Mellel LTD tested and found these layouts to be working correctly. However, Mellel LTD cannot guarantee that they will satisfy your needs, and we will not provide support for them. If you need support using any of these keyboard layouts, please contact its contributor. The keyboard layouts are ordered alphabetically, by language.
- Czech keyboard layout. Intended for foreigners learning Czech. Courtesy of Sorin Paliga, PhD, Slavic Department, University of Bucharest, September 8, 2009.
- Esperanto Keyboard layout Courtesy of Donald Broadribb, February 8, 2010.
- Etruscan keyboard Courtesy of Sorin Paliga, PhD, Slavic Department, University of Bucharest, September 8, 2009.
- Glagolitic and Staroslavjanski keyboard layout Updated to the latest Unicode standard. Courtesy of Sorin Paliga, PhD, Slavic Department, University of Bucharest, September 8, 2009).
- Hebrew QWERTY keyboard, courtesy of Menasheh Steiglitz.
- Persian keyboards for Mac OS X, including Persian and FarsiPC keyboard layouts.
- Persian, Urdu and Kurdish keyboard layouts for Mac OS X, courtesy of Behnam, August 3, 2007.
- Romanian keyboard, courtesy of Florin Neumann from Romania.
- Romanian Keyboard layouts including qwertz, azerty, programmers, legathy, PC and more, courtesy of Sorin Paliga, PhD, Slavic Department, University of Bucharest, September 8, 2009.
- US Academic keyboard, courtesy of Sorin Paliga, PhD, Slavic Department, University of Bucharest, September 8, 2009.
- Uyghur-Arabic Unicode Keyboard layout for Mac OS X
- Mellel Hyphenation Lab (MHL): An application that will enable you to create and open Mellel’s hyphenation files, edit then, test them, and of course save them (updated to version 1.1, December 26, 2014)
- Mellel’s Hyphenation dictionaries: Use the uncompiled files (i.e., the dictionaries) with Mellel’s Hyphenation Lab. The compiled files are for reference (or re-installing, if you’ve lost or damaged the originals. (updated July 2017)
- XW Zar fonts is a collection of Opentype Arabic fonts covering Arabic, Persian, Urdu, Dari, Pashto, Uzbek, Kurdish, old (Ottoman) and new Turkish (Roman) languages with ‘Open Type’ and ‘Apple Advanced Typography’ technology support. (Courtesy of Behnam)
- A useful PDF detailing Masterfont’s Hebrew fonts supporting OpenType (and thus pointing marks and trope marks).
- CTAN.org fonts, many more and a third part of fonts converted to Mac format, courtesy of Robert F. Scheyder. Look up the license here. A great collection of OpenType fonts and others (updated August 31, 2007)